Announcement: The Wayne County Health Department used over 50 medical volunteers for vaccine distribution centers.
Dentists took the time to volunteer!!!
The federal government, working with our states and county governments, is committed to providing enough COVID-19 vaccine for every adult in America who wants to be vaccinated. There has been increased vaccine production, and Wayne County Public Health Division (WCPHD) is seeking medical professional volunteers to administer COVID-19 vaccines beginning now through the anticipated date of May 31, 2021. This became possible when the federal government passed an amendment to the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness (PREP) Act on March 12, 2021. This 7th Amendment to the PREP Act extends liability protections to specified healthcare professionals who may not usually administer vaccines in their scope of practice. Click Expanding the COVID-19 Vaccination Workforce to review the document.
WCPHD is asked for clinical volunteers from these professions:
- Doctor (OD/MD/DO)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (RN BSN)
- LPN (under the supervision of an RN or higher)
With over 280,000 Wayne County residents already vaccinated, we still have a ways to go. Although we are making great strides to end the pandemic, your support will help end this pandemic!
- Have a valid Michigan medical license in one of the listed professions above or, if retired, be within five years of the last valid date of that license. You will be asked to enter information about your Michigan medical license.
- Volunteer for a full day shift at Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus (21000 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180) or Schoolcraft College – VistaTech Center (18600 Haggerty Rd, Livonia, MI 48152) from 8am to 4pm with breaks during the day and a lunch break. Please bring your own lunch.
- Consent to a background check
- Over 50 volunteers assisted in April of 2020. The last volunteer day was April 27, 2020.
More information at
Link to volunteer
Marcy Dwyer, Executive Director
Detroit District Dental Society