January 11, 2021
The State of Michigan and all Public County Health Departments are updating information daily on Covid-19 vaccine distribution. The vaccine distribution is a county by county deployment, and it is different for each county.
Many dentists have already received the first dose of the vaccine for themselves their staff.
Many counties are now announcing they are moving on to the next level for vaccine distribution or having public open distribution locations where no appointment is needed. These locations may be on a first come – first serve basis and have long waiting lines for the vaccine. Dental professionals are a priority for all the Public Health Departments. There are dental offices that registered as late as this morning that have received updates on vaccine scheduling today.
To view the latest vaccine registration instructions, visit
Announcements to Dental Professionals:
- Do be persistent and signup with your location health department area per their instructions.
- If you have not yet received any email confirmation or response – SIGN UP AGAIN! (Note Oakland County – phone call again.)
- We have been informed that Oakland County is currently not scheduling vaccines because of no supply and will start scheduling as soon as they receive another shipment.Advice:Call daily and make multiple phone calls if needed. See this link for Oakland Information. https://www.detroitdentalsociety.org/calendar-events-news/news/coronavirus_information_for_dentists
- A FREE Webinar is available for all dental professionals in Michigan for the dental team staff to answer any questions on hesitation to receive the vaccine.The ADA, CDC, and World Health Organization are encouraging all dental professionals to receive the vaccine. More information on
- calendar of events January 13, 2021.
Questions: Detroit District Dental Society Office, 313.337.4900 or email email@example.com